Thank you for joining
The Space Between Dreaming & Awake:
How to Access Universal Guidance & Consciously Redesign Your Life
5-Week Online Course from Sacred Planet
Previous course participants have reported tremendous positive changes in their spirituality, their understanding of their life's purpose, and their courage & dedication in moving toward their most important life goals.
Here's how to get the most out of this 5-Week Online Course:
1. Purchase or find a new/blank journal that is fully dedicated to this course, to write down your insights, inspirations, and plans for the future!
2. Bookmark this webpage (the page you are currently on): http://www.wearesacredplanet.com/tsbda-course-materials-2
This is the Course Materials page, where you will find each of the 5 video Module sessions, homework, reference materials, and more. You can work through all of the Course Materials at your own pace. I recommend planning to complete one Module per week, so you can fully integrate all of the information and have time to experience the homework, which is especially designed to give you maximum results.
3. Know that this is deep, life-changing work! Really dedicate yourself to diving fully into the materials that are offered in this program. It is my hope that you will see beautiful, synchronistic changes and upgrades in your life as a result of taking this course. And you will emerge with a 12-month Action Plan to achieve the life you have been dreaming of. You truly do have the power to turn your dreams into concrete reality! This course will get you started powerfully in doing just that.
Attune to the Cosmos
Here is the Module One Video Session:
Reference Materials from Module One:
The Time of the Black Jaguar, by Arkan Lushwala
Original Wisdom: Stories of an Ancient Way of Knowing, by Robert Wolff
Plant Intelligence & the Imaginal Realm: Into the Dreaming of Earth, by Stephen Harrod Buhner
The Spell of the Sensuous, by David Abram
Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice, by Mark J. Plotkin, Ph.D.
Ancient Sacred Sites, an article written for the Pachamama Alliance by Jocelyn Mercado: https://www.pachamama.org/blog/ancient-sacred-sites-magnificent-and-mysterious
Breathwork Practice, shared by Claire: (to be added)
Homework from Module One:
1. Stop watching television. If you watch TV frequently and you are surprised that I said this: Yes, I am serious. Stop for two weeks, and observe the time & space you get back. Observe your mind opening up to creativity, silence, music, whatever you choose to fill that time with instead of staring at a screen. Observe yourself letting go of an addiction. Use this time for something that you love. For example, the following:
2. Choose one of the books I mentioned today (they are listed above in Reference Materials) to buy (ALWAYS buy used books when you can – you can often find used copies on Amazon for $4 or $5, including shipping) and read it over the next week. Choose the book that calls to you. Use your intuition to decide. Choose only 1 book right now. Don’t overwhelm yourself. There will be lots of other important homework to do! You’ll have plenty of time after the course is over to come back and read more of the books, and you’ll have the References list available to you at all times.
3. Go to http://www.earthsky.org/ and sign up for their newsletter. They will send you a daily email that guides you to follow the celestial events of the current day/week/month. Read this daily, look at their night sky charts in their articles, and then GO OUTSIDE at night and find what they were talking about. For example, right now from anywhere on Earth, you can see Venus and Mars in the early evening, and Jupiter in the pre-dawn morning sky. These are the brightest “stars” in the night sky (brightest nighttime objects other than the moon). Even from a huge city, you can see them. Pay attention to these over the next 3 weeks. Attune yourself to the Cosmos.
4. At least twice during the next week, go outside and open up your arms to the sky and ask for what you most deeply desire. An important part of this is fully trusting that the universe is already speeding it toward you. Worried about what the neighbors will think?? By the end of this course, you won’t be. But for now, you can do this homework assignment indoors (preferably by a window) if you want to be undercover. :)
Synchronize Your Energetic Frequency with the Earth's Heartbeat
Here is the Module Two Video Session:
References from Module Two:
Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration, by Penney Peirce
The Co-Creation Handbook: A Shamanic Guide to Manifesting a Better World and a More Joyful Life, by Alida Birch
Walking in Light: The Everyday Empowerment of a Shamanic Life, by Sandra Ingerman
Women Who Run With the Wolves, by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D.
SoulCraft: Crossing Into the Mysteries of Nature and Psyche, by Bill Plotkin
The HeartMath Institute's Global Coherence Initiative: Click here to read more.
An interview about the Global Coherence Initiative with Dr. Rollin McCraty at HeartMath Institute: Click here to watch the interview.
YouTube video: The Earth Is Breathing: Click here to watch.
The 54 senses, based on the results of the research project of Dr. Michael Cohen, PhD: Click here to see all 54 senses listed.
School of Movement Medicine, created by Ya'Acov & Susannah Darling Khan
Tabi (Tabitha) Jayne of Nature Process/Earth Self works with the 54 senses. (She's in Scotland):
Nature Process facilitator Sami Aaron is in US (Kansas):
Here are the 12 ways to connect with the Earth & Cosmos:
(For the full detail, listen to the course recording.)
1. Honoring sacred time / cyclical time / non-linear time
2. Recuperating our senses by spending time in nature
3. Look for magic, mystery, signs, & symbols everywhere you go. Particularly when in nature.
4. Talk with the other beings - The other forms of intelligence - Some of whom (such as rocks) may not be "alive" in the scientific sense but they definitely have their own awareness & intelligence to offer you.
5. Connect through music
7. Shamanic journeying
8. Immersion in gratitude in your daily life (i.e., letting in the miracles & mystery)
9. Practices to honor your body, the physical temple of your soul
10. Healing foods to support your fullest LIFE and help you vibrate at a higher energetic frequency, which creates excellent health
11. Sharing, giving, & volunteering
12. Accessing the Dreamtime - The dreaming of the Earth - The dreaming of the collective consciousness
Homework from Module Two:
1. Continue not watching television. Continue observing how this makes you feel. If you want to watch TV, ask yourself why. What will you gain from it? How will it make you feel? Think of what you can do instead, such as the homework below, and do that instead. Be strong & courageous!!
2. Make a commitment to see the world through a child’s eyes for the next week. See the world through eyes sparkling with wonder. Look for the magic that is all around you.
3. Look for signs & symbols. When you receive a strong one, respond to it. Ask it what it wants to tell you. Have a conversation with it. Take action in some way.
4. Choose an animal that you see in your day to day experience, or a power animal with whom you have a relationship, and strengthen your connection to that animal by having conversations with it.
Open Up Your Ancient Knowing & Intuition
Here is the Module Three Video Session:
References from Module Three:
Ecopsychology: Restoring the Earth, Healing the Mind. Edited by Theodore Roszak, Mary E. Gomes, and Allen D. Kanner.
HeartMath Institute: Research on the Field View of Reality and the Interconnectedness of All Things
For more information on the energetic nature of life: The Missing Pill by Dr. John Ryan
Click here to sign up for the free Dream Symposium online event on October 24th! Come to share your dreams and listen to others, to discover the collective messages that are being sent to us from the Dreamtime, and to experience the wisdom of my colleague Dr. Tayria Ward, Depth Psychologist and expert in dream interpretation.
Homework from Module Three:
1. Make 3 lists: (1) Who/what are you jealous of and why? (2) What makes you really emotional and why? (3) What terrifies you more than anything else but you know in your heart that doing it would get you to a better place? … THEN, look over those 3 lists and search for core themes. Where do the lists intersect? Could this be pointing you toward your life’s purpose, or the next big step on your path?
2. Write down what you know with certainty to be true about yourself at this moment. Write down what you know with certainty that you will do someday in the future. Post this somewhere that you will see it every day.
3. Do the “Entering the Dreamtime” exercise from the course module, in real life instead of imagining it. Take 15-20 minutes (or more) to do this. Then bring this awareness with you for the rest of the day: The beauty of all things, the life force within all things, the interconnectedness of all things.
Expand into Your Highest Self & Divine Purpose
Here is the Module Four Video Session:
References from Module Four:
The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind, and Soul by Dr. Lissa Rankin
The Co-Creation Handbook: A Shamanic Guide to Manifesting a Better World and a More Joyful Life, by Alida Birch
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life by Lynne Twist
The Missing Pill by Dr. John Ryan
Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof that you can Heal Yourself by Dr. Lissa Rankin
If you are still seeking clarity on your next steps or your purpose, here are some questions to journal on:
- What do you know with certainty? Around what aspect of your life do you feel the most vibrance, energy, & power?
- What do you think the world needs most right now? And how could you provide that?
- Look at the most significant challenges in your life. How have you overcome this or found ways of dealing with it?? I believe so strongly that these challenges are the training ground for teaching us how we are meant to heal others. What you have survived, and overcome … There are hundreds or thousands of people out there struggling with that same thing (or something very similar) and they may be just waiting for you to step into your personal power and help them! If there is something like this in your life, I strongly encourage you to take decisive & courageous action to put yourself out there in a way that you can teach & guide others to heal from that same thing.
- What scares you the most?
- Where are you giving away your personal power and how can you turn that cycle around?
- What would you do if you knew that you could not fail?
- What are the talents & abilities that you need to more fully develop, in order to be more fully your true self? These talents & abilities are your greatest gift to the world.
- What did you love to do the most as a child?
Homework from Module Four:
1. Determine (1) The first step and (2) The end goal for your 1-Year Action Plan.
(1) What is one action step that you can take right now, or within a very short timeframe, that feels powerful & important to you, yet is completely doable now or very soon? (This will be the first step of your 1-Year Action Plan.)
(2) Where do you want to be in 1 year, that will take you way outside of your comfort zone, and help you leap forward on your highest path toward your life’s mission? (This will be the end goal of your 1-Year Action Plan.)
If you do not know:
- GO into nature, or meditate, or do a shamanic journey, ASK THE QUESTIONS, and EXPECT A MIRACULOUS ANSWER.
- Remember that DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT! Choose something! Be decisive! Act with certainty! This does not have to be the perfect choice. Whatever you choose will get you to a different place than you are right now. Trust in the process and decide on something, with full faith that even if it is not perfect, it will get you exactly where you need to go.
If you feel inspired, you can start brainstorming about the steps in between! We will do more work on these in Module Five.
2. Draw the myth of your life.
- Fold a piece of paper into half. Then fold it in half again. You should have 4 equal sections.
- In the bottom section, draw something that symbolizes “Where are you now in your life?”
- In the top section, draw something that symbolizes “Where are you going, or what is the next step in your life?”
- In the middle-bottom section, draw something that symbolizes: “What is standing in your way?”
- In the middle-top section, draw something that symbolizes “What quality or resource within you must emerge so you can move past your obstacle and reach your next step?”
Create Your One-Year Action Plan for Your New & Redesigned Life
Here is the Module Five Video Session:
References from Module Five:
The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself, by Michael A. Singer
Plant Spirit Healing: A Guide to Working with Plant Consciousness, by Pam Montgomery
The Sacred Balance: Rediscovering Our Place in Nature, by David Suzuki
Resources for shamanic practitioner work: Alida Birch (The Co-Creation Handbook); Sandra Ingerman (Shamanic Journeying: A Beginner's Guide); as well as many different books by John Perkins
Homework from Module Five:
Please note: For parts of this homework, you'll need to know when the next New Moon or Full Moon will occur.
You can click here to find the next New Moon and/or Full Moon dates.
Homework #1: Anchoring Your New Reality
In order to really fully accept & integrate the realignment that has occurred for you during this course, in order to go out into the world and truly LIVE FROM this new place of who you are now, having experienced everything that this course includes, you need to let go of your old identity (who you were before starting this course) and welcome in your new identity – Who you are now that you’ve been shifted & changed as a result of EVERYTHING we have covered here and ALSO as a result of any insights you've had related to this class or other recent events in your life.
There are 3 steps to this.
Write down the 3 statements or learnings or your own insights from the course that really stand out for you, that shifted the way you see the world. The 3 main paradigm shifts that you experienced. Next you should re-state them in present tense, and I want you to write them out beautifully on a sheet of paper, and post them somewhere that you will see them everyday. And you should read them, all 3, every single day for the next year. And watch closely and see what shifts & changes even further for you.
Letting go of your old self. This is a small ceremony that would be best to do during the 2 weeks when the moon is waning (the 2 weeks between the Full Moon and New Moon). Plan to be outside for 30 minutes at least. Take an abalone shell or a metal bowl, something that you can burn paper in safely. Take 3 small slips of paper, and on each one, write 1 old belief or old way of being that you have decided to let go of because it no longer serves you. Go out into nature and burn those 3 slips of paper. Watch the smoke roll up into the sky, and know you are saying goodbye to those old ways of being.
Welcoming in your new identity. We all know that what you perceive is what you experience. This is a universal truth. What we give energy to, is what’s going to show up. So instead of playing small when it comes to your self-image, choose to expect something more fulfilling! Something bigger, something that allows you to take up more space in the world! Something more fully aligned with who you really are, who you were as a young child, when you knew nothing other than to be completely true to yourself, when your eyes sparkled with wonder and every day was full of magic.
Think of people who live with a childlike sense of wonder, still today. They are magnetic because they are being truly themselves.
Important Paradigm Shift: Your current self-image is just one of many possibilities that you, as a spiritual and physical being, can choose, and that can exist.
Between now and the next New Moon, take some time to write down who you are in this new identity. How are you forever changed, now after participating in this course? What do you know with certainty about yourself? What has become crystal clear about your purpose? WHO ARE YOU NOW?? Write down these ideas using positive words and make sure your statements are filled with possibility, growth, and inspiration. Do not play it small on this assignment!! Think big!! WHO ARE YOU REALLY??
Then on the day of the next New Moon or the 2-3 days after the New Moon, as the moon just begins to wax into a thin crescent, write down a single statement that sums up all of who you really are. Your NEW identity. 1 sentence. Write it on a special card or colored paper, so that it looks beautiful. Then go out into nature, outdoors, or near a window; throw your hands up to the sky, and ask God, your Angels, Great Mystery, the Creator … “Please guide me in becoming [read your statement] so that I may offer the highest possible level of service to you and to the world. Guide me to do this in service to light, life, and love.” Or any similar statement that has deep meaning for you. Then place the card with your statement in a sacred place in your home, on an altar or in a place where you meditate, perhaps, and like your 3 paradigm shifts, read it every single day, with full trust and conviction that this new identity is yours.
Homework #2: Filling in your in-between action steps.
You already created your first step and you final 1-Year goal in Module 4. So now fill in the in-between steps. Know that this does not have to be perfect and you can always change it as you go through the year and gather more details. The important part is to have a plan and to take action on one step, then the next, then the next. The rest will fall into place, as long as you are taking action. By taking action, you provide the universe with a pathway on which to send you abundance.
Who This Course Is For:
There are a broad range of people enrolled in this course, as far as where we each are in our personal & spiritual development. But here are some guidelines. This course is for you if:
- You feel the distance between where the world is right now and where it needs to be.
- You have anywhere from an inkling to a burning conviction that you are meant to be a key part of the massive change that the world needs right now.
- You are open to shedding what no longer serves you and embracing the ancient truths & the unseen guidance that mainstream society is not yet fully ready for, but that your heart knows are the answer to a deeper & more fulfilling LIFE.
- You know deeply that in order to move forward, we must reconnect with what humankind knew & practiced since ancient times, which has been largely lost today. But these ways & resources are always available to us, we simply need to make the commitment to seeking them out. This course is for you if you are ready to make that commitment.
Here are my goals for the outcomes of this course, for every single one of you, as long as you fully engage in each of the modules and do the homework:
For those who do not yet know their life’s purpose: By the end of this course, you will hear the voice of your intuition more clearly than ever before. And you will gain some deep & powerful insights about what your life’s mission might be. Some of you will come away from this course with an absolute, newfound, deep certainty about what you are meant to do.
For those who are coming into the course already aware of your mission & purpose, you will gain significant insights about how to drive your vision forward, to make it happen more concretely in the world, to take your heart-based business to the next level or to find work that is more aligned with your heart’s truth.
And wherever you are on that path of discovery, in the final session, you will (with my guidance) create your personalized action plan for the next 12 months, an action plan especially designed to change your life in wonderful and life-affirming ways, and to keep you motivated even after this course has ended, to let you speak your truth and shine your light brilliantly every day.
Love and light,